14/06/2015

Suede Brocade | 'Groovy Baby'










I'm super excited to present the first part of our 'Groovy Baby' summer series which is inspired by the 70's.

I had my birthday recently, so my Dad and I hopped down to my favourite vintage store and he got me this absolutely wonderful waistcoat jacket which to be honest is all I've ever hoped for in life. I'm pretty sure it's one-of-a-kind and isn't it just gorgeous! 

To further solidify myself as a self-proclaimed 70's girl, I teamed it with a suede skirt from the same shop which was double the length when I bought it so I trimmed it, and as suede is so magical it doesn't fray! I'm also wearing one of my bralets which my Mum made me and a floppy hat. The idea behind the shoes was to replicate the 'blogger boots' with knee socks and my fav River Island platforms because I never managed to buy the real knee high 'blogger boots'.

This is pretty much my favourite outfit now, so when the weather is really warm I'll be wearing it ALL the time. Hope you enjoyed this post, and stayed tuned for more in the 'Groovy Baby' series!

What do you think of the 70's trend? Can you dig it?

=Sophie=

20 comments :

  1. Sophie, this look is incredible. It reminds me of something that Stevie Nicks would wear. I'm loving the whole 70s revival too! Great post xo

    Julie-Ann | ourdreamsoffashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie-Ann! Definitely a bit of inspiration from Stevie Nicks in here x

      Delete
  2. I ADORE this look. I love all things 70's and I 'type' this wearing a fringe jacket.
    You look great.

    Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Love a good fringed jacket too x

      Delete
  3. I'm in love with this look, so perfect and amazing! I love the knee sock, and I'm on the lookout for the perfect suede skirt! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    https://colormekiki.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've seen a lot of good suede skirts in Topshop and ASOS but you can also find them in vintage shops where they'll be more unique x

      Delete
  4. This look is a 70s dream, I am in love!! That waistcoat is the most perfect thing I've ever laid eyes on wow, serious inspiration x

    Electra Violet ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayne! I'm so glad I found it x

      Delete
  5. Well this outfit is just awesome, I can totally dig it!
    Just to let you know, I've nominated you for the Freestyle Writing Challenge here, http://www.pure-ly.com/2015/06/freestyle-writing-challenge-freedom.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination Vansiha! x

      Delete
  6. I love this look! It looks so pretty on you! :)

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect festival outfit!
    Looking grooooooovy Hun x

    fashionenth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely be wearing to festivals this year x

      Delete
  8. Hey! Ive nominated you for the creative blogger award! Rules and other info on my blog maybabysblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the nomination Maya! x

      Delete
  9. so cute, your style is really unique!

    danielle | avec danielle // giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are obsessed with your colorful jacket, it looks so amazing and unique, it just looks great on you!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...