26/05/2015

Roller Skating Saturdays











As we all know, thrifting is my favourite thing, but what better to find than some retro roller-skates from the 70's in my grandad's shed? After spotting them I realised that they were exactly my size - I put them on straight away. Of course it took some swivelling around the floor and moral support before I could skate with even a little bit of confidence. They are quite daunting - like having two mini skateboards strapped to your feet!

When I thought about styling them, I instantly thought of my vintage Nada Nuff vest which I picked up in Bristol a while ago. The pink and yellow perfectly matches that of the skates! I put it together with some old Levi shorts which I reworked with scissors and dye and a black velvet bralet from Topshop

Have you ever been roller-skating? Would you try it?

=Sophie= 

17 comments :

  1. I have these skates too! They were my Mum's - I'm trying to learn how to skate now! Great post - I love your outfit!

    Thelifeofashi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's so cool! Good luck with your skating x

      Delete
  2. I have these skates too! They were my Mum's - I'm trying to learn how to skate now! Great post - I love your outfit!

    Thelifeofashi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try!!! Looks so fun and this roller skates are way too cool!

    Maisie x
    Thoroughlymodernmaisie.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the originality of this post! your outfit looks wicked and really goes well with your roller skates! Love your little blog :)

    find me at www.thedazzleguide.com if you fancy having a read xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not skated in years but now I really want to!

    thingssarahloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Nada Nuff vest! Goes so well with the skates, really wanna find a retro pair like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vanisha! I hope you find some x

      Delete
  7. the whole outfit is amazing and you have amazing hair too x

    salmabeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! Love the edginess of it. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I'm commenting on all your posts, but I'm obsessed with you and your style! Great photos. I really need to go thrifting again.. it's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really groovy that you appreciate my style, and yes thrifting is the best! x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...